1-877-327-4636 Alcohol and Substance
1-800-436-8477 Morning Sickness
1-888-246-5840 HIV and HIV Treatment
1-877-439-2744 Motherisk Helpline
416-813-6780 Motherisk Helpline
Pregnancy & Breastfeeding Resources
2013 FACE meeting
Fetal Alcohol Canadian Expertise (FACE) Satellite Meeting .
- Read more in our News Archive
Current Studies at Motherisk
Study seeks women between 4 and 12 weeks in their pregnancy with morning sickness (NVP)
Pregnancy in Women with Multiple Sclerosis
Environmental Exposures and Children's Health
Alcohol Use during Pregnancy
Control of Hypertension in Pregnancy Study
Folic Acid Before and During Pregnancy
Lamisil in Pregnancy
Meridia in Pregnancy
Autoimmune Diseases in Pregnancy Project
Motherisk Book List
Herbal Medicines in Pregnancy and Lactation - An Evidence-Based Approach(E. Mills, JJ. Dugoua, D. Perri, G. Koren, eds). Taylor & Francis, 2006
Edward Mills Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine, Toronto, Canada
Jean-Jacques Dugoua Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine, Toronto, Canada
Dan Perri University of Toronto, Canada
Gideon Koren University of Toronto, Canada
Taylor & Francis
January 2006 / ISBN: 0415373921 / 360 pp.
Herbal Medicines in Pregnancy and Lactation focuses entirely on the therapeutics, safety and risk information of herbs and supplements used during pregnancy and lactation for obstetricians, maternal-fetal medicine specialists, and primary care physicians.Organized like standard works on the safety profiles of drugs, this important text
- includes section categories such as benefit profile and traditional uses, pharmacology and toxicology, interactions, and adverse events
- was researched using a systematic review method, enabling the busy physician to view quickly and easily the grade of evidence supporting the information provided
- covers area of patient concern where few information resources exist
- stresses evidence-based research, particularly important in this field
- Introduction - Why is This Book Needed, and How to Use It?
- Plant Constituents - What Are the Terms That May Be Found in the Book?
- Definitions in Pregnancy and Lactation
- Evidence Grades
- Botanical Medicines
To order, click here.